Pages

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Review: The Art of Submission (The Art of D/s #1) by Ella Dominguez

The Art of Submission (The Art of D/s #1)The Art of Submission by Ella Dominguez
My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I liked this book but I was also expecting it to be more exciting. In the end, I guess it's worth to say that it wasn't a typical BDSM lifestyle representing story. It was more likely a 'spicy vanilla'
kinda thing, as I'll call it for the sake of argument.
Is has potential but some features are missing...
I'd like more...you know...





What was questionable in my opinion were: the POVs- I'm used to less overlapping descriptions, more like the insight into other people's heads and the present tense also didn't do it for me.
There was a lot of humor and banter, some bickering and the most important- the role reversal (Dom/Sub-->Sub/Dom) which was a fresh outlook and I liked it much better.






My favourite quotes:

"Where did my balls go? I used to have a pair."

"Holy hard on. What does he think I’m going to do with that? I mean… I’m game, but … it’s just so... big. Like hard on in 3D."

"It’s not going to happen. No. It’s not. Going. To. Happen."




Yes, Dylan and Isa made quite a pair










The funniest thing is that it starts with:



and then it's suddenly like...






Wicked Book Blog on Facebook


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment