Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Review: NAPOLEON by Emilia Rutigliano

NAPOLEON (Layers of Veronica # 1)NAPOLEON by Emilia Rutigliano
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

If you've had enough of all the happy go lucky heroines and are looking for some reality, this book is just for you.
You're not going to find a Prince Charming for a mistress in distress, more likely you're going to end up with a 'Big Bad Wolf' in sheeps clothing. Pardon the digression ;)
The main female character - Veronica is an immigrant from Russia, divorcee living her own version of the American dream.
This is not a romance story, at least not the type we're all used to.
Veronica is a warrior that goes through life focusing on work, earning respect in her social circle.
She's a modern woman with goals in her life, she knows what she wants, how to get her way. Self-assured with a workaholic streak, a shark in court and a warrior, better yet the Napoleon fighting her wars.

Veronica definitely knows how to get a man to notice and get interest in her. Her rendezvous with married men are another trait when usually it's the other way around. I'm not into cheating or any kind of "open" relationships but I'm not going to judge her for the need to feel the thrill also.

"I don't know if it's a fetish, but I do love the way their shirts smell like them"

Poor men can't seem to not fall in love with her though...

"Get over yoursefl beatiful. You're not my first, and I don't play the demure maiden...not my game."

The last man she finds is some other story but we'll see about it.
The are many other POVs with a lot of side stories to keep you entertained.

All in all Napoleon is a well written story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment