Pages

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Review: Blue Love by M.J. Fields

Blue Love (Love, #1)Blue Love by M.J. Fields
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book is a typical high school drama with a lot of on-and-off relationship theatrics.

Love and hate, going as an inseparable duo for most of the time is what defines this story.

Tessa is a normal, rather shy and insecure high school attendee. She's a field hockey player and has lots of friends. We get to know them all from different POVs. In addition she had great family, at least until her parents decided to take a break from each other, splitting the siblings. Is it her mother's fault? Or should we blame both of the parents for ensuing, rather drastic change in Tessa's behaviour including late nights flowing with alcohol?

Lucas in a new guy in school with a reputation of a player and long list of conquests. He set his sights on Tessa and she reluctantly jumped in his arms. He's full of himself but tries to change his outlook on relationship with a little encouragement from Tessa.

"What happens after Tessa is love. You told me that and I know it will be true with you. I love you, I want you forever, and I don’t want to share you with anyone. I want to make you smile for the rest of our lives, love is what happens, just a deeper version of what we have now”


“You know Tessa I am scared too,” he admitted, “I have been with lots of girls, even thought I was in love once. But nothing like what I have with you, I have never felt this way, ever about anyone, not even my parents Tessa. You want what’s best for me"



However how it unwinds is a long story and it's going to be continued throughout the series.

All I can say is not everything is what it seems to be and some things don't change.



Taking responsibility for your actions is an act of growing up after all...


"Lucas knew that this man cared for her, but it didn’t make this any easier. He broke her, she told him so, and now Toby was going to fix her. Because I don’t know how, he thought."




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment