Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

Review: Raw by Belle Aurora

Raw


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Not to put any labels to it but RAW is hard, intense and truly fuc*ed up.
Which didn't keep me from bawling my eyes out like a baby at last.
For the first time in a long time I've no idea how to rate this book.
No idea.
It wasn't such a mindf**k as it could ever be but it wasn't flowers and butterflies either.
Hard yet sweet.
Fuc**d up yet enlighting.
Intense yet so anti-normal.
Not sure what the gist of it all is, if there ought to be one.
Too raw to put my finger on it.




"There’s something about Twitch.

He’s just…raw.

Everything about him is raw. And gritty. And unbound."




****In the end, 4.5 messed up stars****







"My type of work means I come across a lot of different types of people. I know that everyone is different, but what I’m sure about Twitch is that he’s a sociopath."

"So here I am. Naked. In front of the man who has been stalking me for as long as I can remember.

What the fuck is wrong with me?"

"You can’t rush the progression of a person. It has to be done in their own time. You can push a person to change, but the only time the change will stick is when it’s something they want to achieve on their own."

"When you’re an addict, becoming addicted to things is easy to do. And that’s a bit what I’m like. I have an addictive personality. "

"My eye twitches. The rage starts to alight the blood in my veins."

"The thing about my brain is that it’s damaged. Thoughts don’t get processed the way other people’s do."

"In fact, the term think doesn’t apply to me."

"Damaged doesn’t even begin to cover what I am. I don’t think a word has been invented for the level of fucked up I am."


"He’s a raging fire. And I’m a fragile moth fluttering into the flame. Sooner or later, I’m going to get burned. I know this"

"I can tell you that I have issues. Issues I’m not proud of. Issues I’m trying to overcome."

"I feel dirty, used, and abused.

And I’ve never felt better."

"I don’t like labels. I won’t be defined by words like normal, unbalanced, or damaged. There’s so much more to me than words. I have layers, just like the next person, and if you picked me apart layer-by-layer, you’d find a blackened crust where my heart should be. But ever since Lexi came into my life, a thin bud of greenery sprouted there, giving me hope that even I could be the person who makes someone’s day better.

It’s growing every day. And I’ll be damned if anyone tries to take her away from me. I’d kill anyone who tried."

"I don’t want a knight in shining armor.

I want a knight in scuffed armor.

I want his helmet to have dents. I want my knight to be real, and dark, and savage. I want my knight to be a survivor. Someone who’s been tested and got through his trials. Not some pussy in gleaming metal.

I don’t want gleaming metal. I don’t need a fucking knight.

I need a fearless warrior.


I need Twitch."



No comments:

Post a Comment